Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crazy Challenge part 2....


After a busy work week and relaxing
weekend, here's this week's
Crazy Challenge starts.

Day 3....

BBD "Tis the Season"
stitched on 40ct Purely Primitive
w/Victorian Motto, WDW, ST

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
 Day 4...

Plum Street Samplers "Olga"
stitched on 40ct Purely Primitive
w/DMC

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
 Day 5

Elizabeth's Garden "Nantucket Sampler"
stitched on
w/DMC

 ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
Day 6

Goode Huswife "Three Crows"
stitched on 36ct linen
w/DMC

 ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
Day 7

Barrick Samplers "1797 Ship Sampler"
stitched on 40ct khaki linen
w/DMC

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
Day 8

BBD "Summer's Jubliee"
stitched on 30ct 18th Century Black
w/Victorian Motto

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

I have a love/hate relationship
with this Challenge.  

I love it because I am finally stitching
some wonderful designs that have been
languishing in my stash for years.

I hate it because I have seen the
wonderful designs y'all have started and
I want to stitch many of them now!

Anyone else having this problem????

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

I am off to get ready for Downton Abbey tonight. 
I don't want to miss a minute so I need to
get situated in my stitchy chair.

As always...thanks for visiting.
Happy stitching!

25 comments:

  1. LOL, Well see, now, I want to stitch the pieces you've just started! I'd not seen any of them before and they're all gorgeous!

    This Crazy 15 is a bad, bad idea!

    Keep up the great work - enjoy Downton Abbey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    What a great selection of projects! Can't wait to see what's next!!!
    Linda C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! It took me a week to decide on my list of 10 designs to focus on in 2012. Seeing all those lovely stitched designs on blogs confused me no end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, great starts. I am amazed at how much of each design you have stitched already. I futz around so much when starting a new project that it takes me says to see any progress. Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have started some wonderful designs with this challenge! cant wait to see the rest =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be fun watching your challenges grow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You picked some.really great projects wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new starts. You have some lovely projects on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful choice of new starts! I love all of them, and lucky enough have a few in my stash!

    That Three Crows is one of my favourite, but sadly that one eludes me as I've been trying to get it but no luck yet!

    Enjoy all your new starts, I know I'll enjoy seeing all your progress, and yes, I'm in the same boat in that I would love to start all the wonderful projects I've been seeing on everyone's blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice of charts and a great new start too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have made a good start with all your projects. Enjoy the programme. it is my favoutite also
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful choice! The design which are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, I'm not doing the challenge, but I can see how this would be a problem. Of course, as long as you enjoy what you're doing, that's all that matters!! Grats on the great amount of progress you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I'm doing the Challenge and yes I'm stitching things that have been kitted up for years but I see your BBD 'Tis the Season and I want to drop everything and stitch that! BTW, is 'Tis the Season in a BBD book and if so, which one is it? I've looked all over for it as a stand-alone chart and can't find it. I really like your choices for the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your crazy challenge starts but especially Olga! She is on my stitch list for this year too :)

    Downton Abbey was wonderful, you will enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All fun projects!!! And seeing what everyone else is stitching always gets me inspired to add new projects to my basket, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness!! I love all of your starts! I can't wait to see your progress on each. :)

    I am sure you enjoyed Downton--it was such a great season! I'm glad they'll show a third season!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your starts. Personally, it would drive me crazy having all those WIPs but that's just how I roll. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karen --
    All your starts look wonderful and makes me want to go pull out some of my old charts now:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome starts on these designs...and you're right - they make you want to do more.
    Saw DA - my my...think the second season might actually be just as good or even better than the first. I just hate the evil Thomas and O'Brien, though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Karen,

    It looks like you have some great starts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great choice of designs for the new starts.
    I shall look forward to watching your progress.
    Love Downton Abbey and am sad that series 2 has finished.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all your great starts Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am drooling over all your picks! Can't wait to see your progress this year.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.