Saturday, September 29, 2012

Little bit of stitching....

How time has flown....I can't believe it 
has been a month since my last post!  I 
guess I have been enjoying the last 
few lazy days of summer!

I still make my rounds to see all the 
beautiful stitching on your blogs but 
have been lazy about commenting. 
If you have recently posted a finish, I know 
I have seen it and want to say nice finish!

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Football and work have really taken a bite 
out of my stitching time but I do have 
some small finishes to share.

I picked up a couple of With Thy Needle 
designs this summer and just love them.
I fell in love with "Friendship Samplers"
as soon as I saw it.   Such a nice and easy stitch.



With Thy Needle "Have Ye Any Wool?"
Stitched on coffee dyed 32ct.
w/ recommended DMC

With Thy Needle "Bluebird Serenade"
Stitched on coffee dyed 32ct linen
w/recommended DMC

I have my linen ready to stitch the 
rest of these sweet designs.

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

With the beginning of fall, I couldn't resist 
stitching this cute little autumn design from 
"Autumn Splendor". I used some 
of my Victorian Motto autumn sampler 
threads offering a wonderful finish.


With Thy Needle "ABC Crow"
Stitched on coffee dyed 32ct linen
w/Victorian Motto threads

Now...if only fall will decide to make 
an appearance in the sunny South.
I am so ready for cool crisp mornings 
and the turn of the leaves.

As always...thanks for visiting!

32 comments:

  1. I love all three pieces! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready for cool crisp mornings/days/evenings (anything cool and crisp really)!

    Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! Love the designs you chose to stitch. Each one looks so pretty and the colors of threads to. Victorian Motto threads are lovely to stitch with.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of us took a little time off during the summer. You have some great projects finished there! Love the crow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see some of your pretty stitching - and looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks! Enjoy your

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three are beautiful. Autumn has arrived in Cornwall and I do love this season. It is so cosy to sit in front of the fire in the evening and stitch away not feeling guilty about gardening Jobs that need to be done

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your stitches.
    Liebe GrĂ¼ĂŸe Grit

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh so beautiful. You can have our fall if you like: wet and windy here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three of your finishes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three are beauties! Cool, crisp mornings are here in Wisconsin. And the colorful leaves. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pieces all! Mornings have been cool and rainy here in the Northeast rather than the usual cool and crisp. Too bad we Northeasterners couldn't have exported our excess rain to the farm belt states that really needed it. All the old wives' tale omens for a hard winter are here though: very bushy tails on squirrels, wooly bear caterpillars being unusually fuzzy, some birds migrating early, etc. Who knows what Mother Nature will pitch at us this year! Last year we had twelve inches of snow on Halloween followed by an unusually warm winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful finishes Karen. All 3 are so sweet , and the poles are so pretty.
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely fonishes! Perfect for the falll season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have those charts! Just have to stitch them! Getting ready for PALS? I am not attending this year, but maybe next. Nice to see your post! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely finishes, Karen! Now I hope the weather changes soon for you so you can enjoy the fall weather with those cute finishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great finishes Karen, I especially like Bluebird Serenade. I am excited with the start of cooler temps and Football. Should be an exciting season:)

    Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely finishes Karen. Wishing you a happy fall and cooler temperatures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm making the blog rounds today in hopes that it kicks me hard enough to get me motivated. We'll see. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lookin good~~ I've been heavy into smalls these last couple weeks too.....gratification.. I love these, especially the one with the blue birds~

    Soon we will be at MB stitching, laughing, talking, eating and a little bit of sleeping~~ Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful stitching Karen. Can't wait to see your finishes on them.
    TFS.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such pieces. I can't wait to see how you finish them off!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to hear from you! Lovely projects. So many pretty designs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful finishes, Karen! I really like your coffee dyed fabric. The lovely natural hues of coffee/tea dyes are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your With Thy Needle finishes are gorgeous Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great finishes Karen! The Friendship Samplers are ones I hadn't seen before but I'll be sure to be on the lookout for them now.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.