Friday, January 30, 2015

Happy New Year.....

 
......and one month!
  
Can't believe it has taken me this long to post.
 I have been busy stitching in the new
year but no pics to post yet.
 
 ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~ 
I did want to share an exchange I recently
received from Cucki.  I participated in the
Fair & Square "Nature" exchange back in
the fall.  Due to a postal strike in Cucki's
country, our squares were delayed in
arriving.  It was a nice surprise right
before Christmas to receive my package.
 
 
F&S Nature Exchange
from Cucki
 
The design is so my taste and I hope to
finish these into a great little pin pillow.
 
~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~    *   ~
 
While I was looking through my photos
from the fall I found this finish I never shared.
 
WTNT "Hilda's Alphabet Brew"
stitched on 40ct PTP Doubloon
w/ Victorian Motto
 
I actually finished this at the Pals Stitching
at the Beach Retreat back in October.   
I decided I wanted to try something new and
make a small quilted wall hanging.
 
 
I have had this scrapbook page display
holder for about year and thought this
would make the perfect base.
A little black spray paint and my
finish looks like this... 
 
Can't wait until next Halloween...
 
The little hooks didn't work with my tabs
so I compromised with a dowel accented
with decorative caps.  I actually like this
better.   I will have to say this really tested
my math skills but I was happy with my
first attempt.  I think I am hooked, though,
so I will definitely do this again. 
 
 ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
 
Hopefully I will be back soon with some
more finishes for Valentines.
Thanks for visiting and happy stitching!

17 comments:

  1. What a fabulous repurposed use of the scrapbooking display frame. Your mini quilt wall hanging looks great! A very nice and different way to showcase your stitchery.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice square you received in the exchange
    Love your little quit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Karen!! I look forward to more.....❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice square and finish! Happy new year to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this design, and your display is perfect!!! What a cleaver idea. I will have to look in the scrapbooking section of my local craft store for something like that.
    Sweet exchange from Cucki too!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your use of the scrap book display holder. Now you can stitch something for each season. You already have the math figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely clever idea with the scrap book hanger! Beautiful works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous finish Karen and love the squares from Cucki too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your finish -- the little stand is perfect for it! Nice exchange from Cucki. Thank goodness the postal strike didn't make things get lost!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice finish and clever display...I'm sure you will find several pieces to use with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to read of you again. I hope the New Year found you fine and of good health!
    Your finishing of Hilda's Alphabet Brew looks amazing.

    Have a nice new month!

    Hugs
    Hilda
    (the one without the brew ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen, LOVE the quilted finish. Great way to display this also. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the stand and all of your finishes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to see your post. Lovely squares from Cucki and your Haloween piece looks great!
    Looking forward to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super cute way to display that piece. So glad you shared it today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the way you have your Halloween piece displayed. What a great idea.

    Lovely squares from Cucki.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.