Thursday, August 22, 2019

Finishes in August....

I have been plugging away on my 
#Stitch9Challenge pieces 
and added another to the finish pile.

This was a 2018 Stitchmaynia piece & I 
dated it 2018  with confidence that 
I would finish it last year....
didn't happen.

This is stitch over one on 25ct evenweave and 
I decided I didn't feel like fighting it by 
picking it out so 2018 it will stay.

Sheepish Designs "Betsy"
stitched with DMC on ivory 25ct evenweave

This one is destined to become a drum 
in the very near future.

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

I love challenges and have been participating on the #24HoursofCrossStitch over on 
Instagram.  They have had a monthly acrostic 
challenge with 10 letter tasks and you choose 
to count stitches or minutes to complete each 
task.  In order to complete the tasks, I have had 
to dig through my WIPS to find projects that fit.  
The great part is I am touching some WIPS that 
have been languishing for some time.
This sweet design is one of them.  
I pulled it out to put in a few stitches and 
then decided I was close to finishing so I did.


Blackbird Designs "Summer House Pincushion"
stitched on 40ct WDW Aztec Red with DMC

I actually finished the design into the model 
finish.  This little round pincushion was 
fiddly and deciding to use sawdust to stuff it
probably contributed to part of the problem!
It is a little lumpy but I am happy with the finish.


~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

While I was busy finishing my pincushion I 
took the time to finish this sweet little freebie
from the Prim Stitchers Society Retreat
held this past May.  A dear friend, 
Karen Gutowski, provided this motif from an 
original sampler she owns.
Another sweet friend, Ann Dawes, gifted 
our stitching circle with these little brooms.  
Southern legend is you hang it by the door so 
that we "could sweep your troubles away."

The combination made the sweetest finish.


~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Well....I am still stitching on my last two 
#Stitch9Challenge pieces which happen to 
be 2 large Rosewood Manor projects.  I do have 
until the end of the year to complete so I am 
going to keep plugging away.

As always....thanks for visiting.
Happy stitching!

5 comments:

  1. I love the sampler motif you stitched for your broom, Karen! Well done on the stitching and finishing of your BBD pincushion. Betsy looks stunning and I look forward to seeing it turned into a drum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects.
    Betsy will make a nice drum.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the spammers have hit your blog too! I went and deleted them from mine. It's always a treat to see a new post from you and always love what you are stitching on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy looks lovely, that will make a great drum. I love the sheep!
    Your pincushion and sweeper are finished beautifully, they look like they match too.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.