Sunday, July 5, 2015

By The Bay "Thirteenth Colony"....

 
So excited to share this finish.....
 
By the Bay's "Thirteenth Colony"
parts 1,2 & 3 stitched as one.
 
I started this one back in early 2013 and I
can remember then the feeling that it
would take forever to stitch this.
I stitched on it here and there as the
mood hit me but something clicked
last month to get this one finished.
 
By The Bay "Thirteenth Colony"
Parts 1, 2 & 3
Stitched on 40ct Lakeside Linen with recommended DMC
 
I decided I really wanted to finish this one
by the end of the month and with only had
Part 1 left to stitch it was definitely doable.  
Of course, I completely lost interest in stitching
it after making that decision.  Figures....
 
I made myself trudge on and, after some
marathon stitching the last few days, I put
the last stitch in this afternoon.

By the Bay "Thirteenth Colony Part 1"

I started in the lower right corner so I basically
stitched it "backwards" from right to left. 
Part 1 was the last one for me to stitch. 
 
Love the little sheep and houses.

By the Bay "Thirteenth Colony Part 2"

Love the trees in this one....
they reminded me of butter beans.

By the Bay "Thirteenth Colony Part 3"
 
This huge weeping willow took
forever.....
 
~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
Two of my favorite parts of the piece...
love this little island....

 
Love the little house with sheep.....

 
I did joke with hubby that this one had on
specialty thread in it....
"Hair of Black Cat"
.... especially the last part.
My cat couldn't resist sitting in my lap
while stitching so I spent a lot of time
pulling out little strands of cat hair. 
Guess it could have been worse.
 
~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
 
Thanks for visiting and hope you are having
a great stitching weekend. 
Now I am off to find something
small to stitch.....
 

29 comments:

  1. Congrats on your beautiful finish! A small project is going to feel different! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, congratulations on your spectacular finish! It looks great. So, what small did you pick?

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! It looks beautiful. Give yourself a pat on th ack for th finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little island, too! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Is it over one? So tiny and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Is it over one? So tiny and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Karen... This turned out so nice! I love the colors and know it will be beautiful framed and hung~ you last Patriotic piece was beautiful as well! You're in a roll.... And completing this large stitch has to make you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! What a nice piece. I am trudging along on a work right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish . Well worth the effort .x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous! I'm so glad you stuck to it and finished it off, Karen (black cat hair and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome finish Karen! I've always toyed with getting these charts but know it's a big undertaking...maybe when I get through the rest of my stash ha ha! Congratulations on persevering to complete a beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen you have finished so many beautiful pieces. I really like the colors in this piece. congratulations on finishing this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen this is just beautiful!! I know you can't wait to get this framed and on your wall. Congratulations for continuing with this piece as it is a treasure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on such a wonderful LARGE finish! It is beautiful!! Have not seen anyone else finish it! I know you find find the perfect frame for it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful! Congrats on hanging in there to finish! So much prettier up close than in pattern photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS!! Congrats for sticking with it! It was definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the 'specialty thread' comment - my stitching often has Hair of Golden Retriever as its specialty thread!
    Good job on getting the design finished - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful finish Karen, congratulations! I love the little house on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, you finished !!, It is beautiful, you have done a great job and I love the cat hair. All of my models have cat hair, no matter how hard I try they find what I am working on. Congratulations for enduring to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots of work, but it's a lovely finish to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful finish! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful finish! This has always been one of my favorite designs. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful, this design. I was highly tempted to buy and stitch this, too, but wanted to stitch the ones that I already have first. Congratulations on this gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on a beautiful finish. I love so many of the By The Bay Needlework designs. I recently completed Spot Of The Bay as a gift for a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your finish...I dearly love this. It is so pretty.

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on such a wonderful finish! Looking forward to seeing what you're working on next :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.