Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Stitched goodies....

 
I'm back.   I make a promise to myself
each time I do a blog post that I will not
wait so long until the next one. 
Amazing how time flies.....
 
~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
 
I first want to say I have time to write
this blog today
due to my office being closed.
We experienced horrific flooding over
 the weekend in South Carolina
thanks to Joaquin.  The devastation
we have seen in our city has been unbelievable
and the flooding continues due to
dam breaches.  Please say a prayer for
all of these families.  We made it through
Hugo and know we will make it
through this too. 
 
~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
 
Just a few goodies to share.
I knew as soon as I finished this one that
I wouldn't wait to have it framed.
I still love it and have to say it is still
one of my favorite stitches.
 
By The Bay "Thirteenth Colony Parts 1,2 & 3"
 
I always gravitate to this molding
and thought it fit this piece beautifully.

 
~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
 
August turned to be a good month to finish
up some long lingering WIPS.
 
I started this piece back in 2012 as part
of the Crazy January Challenge.
I have picked it up several times over
the years but it just felt like a chore to stitch.
 
Plum Street Samplers "Halloween Hornbook"
Stitched on Lakeside Linen 35ct Parchment
w/Victorian Motto threads
 
I still don't know why I had such as
hard time with this one but I am so happy
I stuck with it and finished in time
for this Halloween.  Hopefully I can
get my gumption up to get it finished
before month end.

 
I am guessing these are some type of
morbid peacock and I just love
this one with the witch's hat.
 
I dove back into my pile of WIPS
and pulled this one out.
This was a freebie that I had miscounted
and just lost my steam.


Freebie--"Pear XII--Swan Song"
 

I think I still have a couple more of
these to stitch.  I can say that I was glad to
finish this one and add it to my collection.
 
~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
 
Well...if you made it this far, thanks for
visiting my small place in the universe.
 
I hope you are having a great stitching month.
Happy stitching.... 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes Karen! Love the frame choice too. I want to stitch the PSS Halloween hornbook too. I'm interested in seeing how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying!
    Lovely work Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Karen! Lovely finishes and I, too, really like that frame molding. Keeping you and your community along with SC in my thoughts and prayers.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad you ate safe. The pictures are terrible! Tbe flooding - not your pictures ha! I love love the hornbook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching the reports of the rain and flooding in your state and praying . Stay safe and keep stitching! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ~ All of them! Here's to hoping you stay safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were visiting my SIL in Lexington, but left the day of the storm... They didn't get flooded so that was good. It was quite the storm! Two nice finishes to share--good for you! Getting ready for PALS now? Gee I wish... But I look forward to all the reports from you guys! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely work Karen.
    Mother Nature can be so cruel sometimes. I hope the latest threat passes you by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your finishes. The pear collection is wonderful, and your framed piece -- gorgeous! Hope you stay safe from the flooding. Mother Nature scares me these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just can't believe the images we are seeing from the storm-ravaged Carolinas, Karen. I'm so sorry your fellow Carolinians are going through this.

    Love all of your work--especially the By the Bay finish. It is just gorgeous in that frame!


    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Halloween stitch and the lovely By the Bay piece--the frame looks great. I hope you all dry out and carry on valiantly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your finishes are wonderful, especially the By the Bay piece!! I hope things improve for your beautiful state soon. I've seen some of the pics of the flooding. terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen all of the pieces are so pretty. The frame matches perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finishes and finishing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was a pleasure to have met your blog! I hope come back more times!
    Greetings from Brazil,
    ♥Priscila♥

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.