Thursday, June 23, 2016

Catching Up: December .....


The thing I love most about my blog is the
historical timeline I create when I post my
finishes.   I use Instagram to capture
my daily stitching activities but it is nice
to come back here and reminisce about
designs, fabrics and threads.
With that in mind, I hope you won't
mind my next few posts
will catch me up with my projects so that
I can enjoy them down the road too.
Let's start with December....

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

I continued stitching a design from the
A Most Suitable Name series 
by Jeannette Douglas
over the holidays and finished this sweet design.

Jeannette Douglas "Devoted Dorothy"
A Most Suitable Name series
stitched on 40ct PTP Legacy with recommended threads

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

My hubby completed his Museum Certification
program in December and I decided to
stitch a little memento for him.
My love for Lizzie Kate and this powerful
quote made this a perfect gift for him.


Lizzie Kate "Promise Me"
stitched on 28ct khaki evenweave with my thread conversion

I did make the design a little more masculine
and replaced the flower motif under
"Promise" with a globe and some books.  
I was very happy with the result and a
wonderful reminder to my hubby
of his accomplishment.

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

I decided to finish up this Colonial Gatherings
club piece that I had started back in August.  
The designed border just didn't appeal to me
and I played around until I settled on this.

Plum Street Samplers "Goodness & Plenty"
Colonial Gatherings Club kit

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

With my hubby's interest in Colonial history,
I too am drawn to elegant ladies and
gentlemen of this era.   Some years back
I decided I would have a George & Martha wall
(which I think I actually stole from Paulette Stewart of Plum Street)
and have been stitching designs that
reflect this time period to add to my collection.

Plum Street Samplers "Pretty Pleasures"
stitched on 36ct Lakeside Linen with my DMC conversion

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

As some of my friends know, I am avid
Clemson Tiger fan and December was packed
with travel following the Tigers on the
road to the National Championship game. 
We started in early December with a trip to
Charlotte for the ACC Championship game. 
Following the win,
Dabo (our beloved coach) held true
to his promise of a pizza party in
Death Valley if Clemson won.

We then headed down to Miami to meet Oklahoma in the BCS Playoff game.  We celebrated a win there, which was memorable, but not as memorable as the fish and chips I had.

Holey moley...I still dream about this piece of fish. 
Yes....I ate the whole thing!

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Thanks for visiting as always and hope to
see you soon with another post for January.
Happy stitching....

8 comments:

  1. Great job on all of your stitching. They are all so pretty. Congrats to your DH! yum Fish and Chips are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing what you have been up to Karen. So neat the way you personalized the Promise Me piece for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome finishes Karen!!! And um-mm yeah that fish looks tasty! Great update post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful update, Karen! All your stitching is beautiful and I love your George and Martha inspired finishes and look forward to seeing your wall!
    That's the biggest piece of fish I've ever seen. Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful projects, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous assortment of projects you finished, Karen! I really like the globe and books addition to the LK piece. I am not surprised that you are still dreaming about that piece of fish. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing all your stitching and hearing about what you were up to! Congrats to your DH too, on his museum certification. If you don't mind my asking, what is the certification for? What can he do with it? I'd love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that we can have a record of our stitching through our blog also...You have completed some great pieces...The Lizzie Kate one was so nice and thoughtful for your husband! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.