Sunday, July 10, 2016

When it's hot......


....you stitch.

July 4th weekend was just too hot
for much else but stitching.
It was too hot (for me at least)
to even cookout.

I finished this month's installment of the
Prairie Schooler alphabet first thing.


Prairie Schooler "A is for Anchor"
stitched on Lakeside Linen w/DMC

This was definitely the easiest block
so far with no big blocks of color.
Not sure why but I really like
this block.

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

I picked up one of my
Stitchmaynia starts and focused
on finishing it.  Saturday I was lucky
to meet up with some stitching
friends, old and new, at the
Stitch & Frame
for some shopping, stitching,
eating and laughter.
With a little help from them, I have
had a good stitching weekend.

This was the first installment of this
year's Dyeing to Stitch
Colonial Gatherings Club kit.

Plum Street Samplers "Pennsylvania Fraktur"
Colonial Gatherings kit
stitched on R&R 36ct Ligonier Latte with
WDW, GAST and Classic Colorworks

Hubby and I vacationed in June in Pittsburgh
and was my first visit to Pennsylvania.
We had a great time, which may be
surprising to some, and Pittsburgh
had some neat things to do and see.

Fittingly, the design is a sweet tribute
to the founding of Pennsylvania
with the state's birth date and state motto.
I will definitely be reminded of my
wonderful trip.

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Decisions, decisions, decisions....
what to stitch next?
I am itching to start something new
.......so I think I will.

Happy stitching and thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. Love those colors in the PSS piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both great. Hope you get some relief from the heat soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on getting one of your Stitch Maynia pieces finished! Also, congratulations on getting the A is for Anchor block finished. I look forward to seeing what you pick next to stitch. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely stitching weather! The two finishes are great! Can't wait to see what else you started! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both finishes are wonderful, Karen. I would love to do those PS alphabets, one of these days. Your Colonial Gatherings piece is beautiful and I love that it's tied into your vacay. Can't wait to see what you start next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pennsylvania fraktur is lovely! I live in PA and I've never seen that one. {runs off to purchase...}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just discovered your blog and I like your finishes very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stitching! Love that PA Fractur.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen, loved catching up on your projects. I especially like the idea of going back to the 90's stash because yes, some of us do have that. You do lovely work. Happy Summer Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching, Karen! Stay cool this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work on these two pieces. The PS Alphabet is so popular right now, I love seeing how each person is arranging the letters!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.