Sunday, August 21, 2016

B is for Blackbird....

August's installment of my
Prairie Schooler
ABC's sampler.....

PS "B is for Blackbird"
stitched on Lakeside Linen 40ct with DMC

This one had a lot of solid blocks of color
and was not one of my favorite blocks.
Glad to have this done and moving on to
something fun for the rest of the month.


Only 19 more to go.....

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Hubby and I took a little adventure to
the northwest corner of our state and I took
the opportunity to visit a new to me
Cross Stitch/Bead store.

Panda's Crossing is located in Mauldin, SC
and about 25% of the store was cross stitch.
Hubby had me on a time clock so I
only had a few moments to browse and did
find some new to me designs from Erica Michaels.


I am a sucker for anything seasonal and
couldn't find Random Thoughts of Winter but
it will eventually be added to the fold.

Let me just say that if you have the
slightest interest in beads and/or beading,
you will definitely be in awe of this store. 
I had seconds to take a quick peek and
oh my goodness.  I will definitely be
back soon and without hubby....
to take it all in leisurely.

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Well I am off to stitch something other
than Prairie Schooler and DMC 3371!

Thanks for visithing....

9 comments:

  1. Looking so pretty Karen! How big is this going to be finished on 40 count? I have all the charts but keep hesitating on starting. So many projects are capturing my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say B is for beautiful! Great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler is coming along nicely. I like seasonal charts myself, mostly Halloween and Christmas. I really need to branch out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your B block turned out great. I am another fan of seasonal charts. How fun to find another shop to browse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be one gorgeous piece when completed! B looks great, love the pie!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The B block turned out great and you can pat yourself on the back for persevering to the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project is going great what an undertaking. So need to check out this shop in SC!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your alphabets is looking. So pretty! Always love a new xs store. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this project - looking forward to seeing your progress - i will live vicariously through your work on it. I have so many wips, i don't dare start this.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.