Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Summer fading to fall.....

Welcome back!

Looking back at my last update from August
I can only guess it was still hotter than
hades here.  Now we are approaching
mid-October and fall is definitely in the air. 
It is so nice to enjoy the cooler temps
for a little while.

I decided to pull out one of my Stitchmaynia
starts and see if I could get another
finish to end August.
Notforgotten Farms' "Sepia Sampler"
seemed like the perfect choice.


Notforgotten Farms "Sepia Sampler"
stitched 40ct Khaki linen with my DMC conversion

I had a few unintended redesigns on this one
and decided they were good enough
to stay.   Although the color palette is
"drab" I have to say I loved it.  I found
this sampler so easy and soothing to stitch. 

My favorite part  is the simple little white house. 

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Every fall my complete attention turns to
college football as we follow our beloved
Clemson Tigers through the season.
Our first game was also our first road
trip for the season.  I always start a
quick project to take on these games
and the finish always brings
back memories of our travels.
We travelled to Auburn and this would
give me 6 hours of uninterrupted stitching. 
Threadwork Primitives
"Halloween Menagerie" 
was the chosen project and I knew
immediately it would only make
one road trip this year.


Threadwork Primitives "Halloween Menagerie"
stitched on PTP 32ct Sand with my overdyed conversion

Oh my....this was such a sweet design to
stitch and I do plan to finish it as a
drum as is the model finish.
~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

I did get in a few more summery stitches
in September and this one from LHN has
to be one of my favorites.
I loved it from the moment if was released
and love the soft and simpleness of this design.

LHN "Honeybee Sampling"
stitched on 40ct white linen with Victorian Motto conversion


This will be another addition to my
Bee Sampler wall soon I hope.
~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Next up was September's installment of my
Prairie Schooler Alphabet Sampler.
"C is for Cow" was this month's choice and,
with this completion,
I am officially 33.3333% complete.


Prairie Schooler "C is for Cow"

And here it is as of today....




~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Now that Halloween is around the corner
I pulled out another Stichmaynia piece. 
I decided to use DMC 3021 on this
piece instead of the overdyed thread and
I love this thread/linen combo.

Primitive Needle "Hornbook Angel"
stitched on 40ct WDW Straw with DMC

I am definitely make a note of this for
future uses.  I think DMC 3021 is now one
of my new favorite colors.  Weird huh?

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Hurricane Matthew decided to visit the s
southern east coast this past week and we
were closed beginning Wednesday.  We
were not directly in the path of the
hurricane but many of the schools were
being used as shelters for the coastal
residents and the Governor wanted to keep
us off the roads as they bussed the
evacuees into the shelters.   Now that
the aftermath is over, it is sad to
see all of the damage and debris 
from the storm and there are still
so many without power and water.  
Hoping they will get some relief soon!

We were so engrossed in the Weather Channel
for three days so I decided to stitch something
simple and quick.  Homespun Elegance is
one of my favorite designers and I have
so many of her smalls for Halloween. 
I pulled out several of these designs,
chose some mystery linens from stash
and pulled some random threads
that had autumnal colors.

This was my favorite one so I stitched it first.

Homespun Elegance "Witch Inn"
stitched on 40ct mystery linen with overdyed threads

Stitched on the smaller count will make
it the perfect little bowl filler.  That will now
be the plan for all of these cute little designs.

I chose to stitch this cute little witch next.

Homespun Elegance "Pumpkin Gatherer"
stitched on 40ct mystery linen with overdyed threads

I think these are going to be so cute finished.

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Well....I am pretty much up to date now
so I think I will go back to stitching.  
I am headed to the Stitching at the Beach
retreat later this week.  It was touch and
go for a while as to whether the retreat
could still happen since the hotel in
Myrtle Beach was closed due the hurricane. 
Luckily they were able to move us to
another Hilton resort and so I am looking
forward to 4 solid days of just stitching!

Thanks for visiting and happy stitching....

15 comments:

  1. So many gorgeous projects!!
    Have a great time at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen you have been busy. So many beautiful pieces. Hard to pick a favorite. Happy Fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. What super finishes, Karen! Enjoy your upcoming retreat! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice projects! Those Homespun Elegance pieces are so colorful, I may have to get me a few charts. Have a great time at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching - I especially love the LHN Bee sampler. It's nice to see someone finishing off some of their Stitch Maynia starts too!
    Hope you are enjoying your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. I cannot tell you how many times I keep going back to view Sepia Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Vickie--love the Sepia Sampler too! On my list! Have a great time at PALS... glad they moved your hotel. I saw the pier got washed away, and wondered about the whole area! Thanks for catching us up on your stitching finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Fall projects and very glad to hear you are o.k. after the hurricane! Enjoy the retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love all of your "eye-candy" projects! So cute and such a nice variety. I love Victorian Motto Sampler threads so I was happy to see your conversion to Nancy's threads. Happy stitchin................

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your projects! Beautiful stitching! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you survived the hurricane ok. Love seeing all the beautiful stitching. Hope you have fun at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects! You're so good about stitching in season. I always seem to be out of sync.

    Your Clemson is doing so well. Our FSU is really struggling. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your finishes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well what to say except that I just what to gnash my teeth with the beauty contained within your posts. So stunning, each and every one. Every time I see something on your blog that I have either overlooked or thought...nah....I see it on your blog and think: OMGOSH! I got to stitch that TODAY! Stunning lovely work. I love, love, love your Sepia Sampler, the Honey bee Sampler...oh my who am I kidding, I love everything! Stunning, wonderful, gorgeous work Karen!
    Hope you had a good time in Myrtle Beach!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.