Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Stitching progress.....

Hope all are having a great stitching month....

I finally decided to start the BBD
Garden Series from this month after
seeing Nicole's beautiful finish.

I started in the bottom right corner which
meant the last one would be the first.

BBD "All in A Row"
stitched on Silkweaver Clay Pebble
with recommended threads

This was a quick sweet stitch but I have
to admit I was a little disappointed
in the colorway of the hand dyed threads.

I know the variegation of the threads can
cause the stitched piece to vary from the
model and I wish I had now changed the
threads to better match by taste.  I will
definitely do that going forward.

After finishing up my monthly PS Alphabet series,
I decided to stitch another in the
Garden Series. I just love the colors in
this one.  I can tell this one will
be a fun one to complete.

 BBD "Fairy Garden"
stitched on Silkweaver Clay Pebble
with recommended threads

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Speaking of my PS Alphabet,  I have finished
my next installment and stitched
"F is for Friend".  This was a fun
stitch even with the solid blocks of color.

PS "F is for Friend"
stitched on 40ct linen with recommended DMC

~    *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Wishing you many happy stitches and
thanks for visiting.....

11 comments:

  1. Ooh you have such beautiful stitchy projects on the go and done! Lovely work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty finishes, Karen! Love your F is for Friend finish! Great progress on the Garden series too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the F is for Friend finish! Also congratulations on the two Garden series finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pieces are beautiful Karen! I miss stitching on the BBD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching, Karen. I know what you mean about the variegated thread. It's quite an investment for us in the UK...the hand dyed threads are SO expensive here. Often, I order them online and am disappointed when they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the Garden series is fabulous! So is F is for Friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have started the alphabet series - over one - still fun! haha Your stitching looks fantastic! Sometimes those variegations are not what I want them to be either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work. I love Fairy Garden with the cute miniature house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had a few projects where the thread didn't match the chart just because of variations in the thread, and I found it so frustrating. Your first block turned out lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your stitches are beautiful Karen but I really love the Fairy Garden. It's just the cutest and the colors are warm and perfect. Looking forward to the outcome of the other stitches. Happy stitching. RJ at stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.