Saturday, May 12, 2018

PrimMaynia 2018....

Hello.....long time no post!
Thanks for Sharon (It's Daffycat)
for nudge me to do an update.


I am back to share my plans for May and
PrimMaynia 2018.

I am again participating in StitchMaynia 2018
(Instagram hashtag #stitchmaynia2018
or the group is on
Facebook under Stitchmaynia)
where you have a new start the first 18 days
of May but many are making it their own and
planning all kinds of things to do..

So what is PrimMaynia 2018 you ask? 
Coined by Christy
( @ladygatorstitches on Instagram),
you will start 18 (or however many you want)
new primitive designs in May. 
So what is considered primitive? 
Anything I want! 

My least favorite part of stitching is gathering the
thread,  choosing a fabric, deciding where
to start and putting in the first few stitches.
By doing this for numerous designs at once,
I then have a great assortment of projects
to choose from as I stitch throughout the year.

So....this year I decided to do a new start
each day so that means I will have 15 new
starts. The thing I do love about doing this is
"shopping" in my stash and rediscovering all of
the wonderful designs I own that have been
patiently waiting their turn in the hoop. 
Here are my few starts......

~ ~ ~  May 1st  ~ ~ ~
Goode Huswife
Ellen Birdseye


Linen = PTP 40ct Wren
Thread = recommended DMC

~ ~ ~  May 3rd  ~ ~ ~
Carriage Housing Samplings
Katy Horn

Linen = PTP 40ct Sand
Thread = recommended DMC


~ ~ ~  May 5th  ~ ~ ~
Summer House Stitche Workes
Simple Abundance

Linen = PTP 40ct Doubloon
Thread = Victorian Motto & Gentle Arts

~ ~ ~  May 7th  ~ ~ ~
Blackbird Designs
1861 Antique Sampler
from 
In Friendship's Way

Linen = PTP 40ct Doubloon
Thread = Victorian Motto threads

~ ~ ~  May 9th  ~ ~ ~
Blackbird Designs
Darling Buds of May
from
Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day?

Linen = PTP 40ct Sand
Thread = Gentle Arts


~ ~ ~  May 11th  ~ ~ ~
Blackbird Designs
Feliz Navidad

Linen = PTP 40ct Wren
Thread = Weeks Dye Works

 ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~


I have been stitching the last 8 months and have
lots to show.  As per my usual, I will catch my
blog up over the next month
so I can look back and see all that I have done.

Thanks for visiting and hope you have a great
stitching week.....


~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~
You can find me almost daily on Instagram
@karenshandiwork

4 comments:

  1. What a great assortment of new starts, Karen! I am particularly drawn to the threads (VMSS) you are using for the 1861 Antique Sampler. They look much more vivid than the cover picture. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big thanks to Sharon to egging you on to post! I love everything you stitch. I have Darling Buds of May. That flower though! Looking forward to the upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are wonderful - you should have a fun time of it working on these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! I wasn't sure if I was going to take part this year or not... but then I just plunged in the deep end. I completely agree with the job of choosing and gathering and starting a project being the least favorite part. I just want to stitch, and I love having lots of choices for my stitching sessions.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.