Friday, June 7, 2019

Hello Summer....

Starting fresh in an effort to keep my
blog up-to-date!

I have been stitching as usual and 
have lots to share.  Hopefully I will get it 
all blogged since I do like using my
blog as a "scrapbook".

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

My most recent finish is 
BBD's "Quaker Family Registry".  
I considered changing the initials and location 
for my family but decided to stitch it as is 
since I loved it so much with the 
"Bush River South Carolina" reference.

Blackbird Designs "Quaker Family Registry"
from And Blossom as the Rose
Stitched on 40ct V. Meadow Rue 
with recommended threads 

I love the muted colors in the sampler..... 




and the detail of the over one stitching
on the dates....


My favorite motif....


I love how the white is subtle against 
the color of the fabric but pops in contrast 
to the darker colors.

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

"Quaker Family Registry" was a finish from 
my 2018 PrimMaynia starts.  I decided not to do 
StitchMaynia this year which would 
be 15 new starts in the month of May so 
I focused on last year's projects in hopes 
of completing them this year.

I am also participating in the #Stitch9Challenge 
on Instagram and picked 9 WIPS 
at the beginning of 2019 and will stitch 
to get them finished this year.  I will 
be back to share that list and my progress 
since we are close to the 6 month mark!

~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~   *   ~

Thanks for visiting and check me out on Instagram
@karenshandiwork

3 comments:

  1. Karen, congratulations on your BBD finish! I love the thread colors against your fabric. I look forward to seeing more of your Stitch9Challenge pieces. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty Sampler.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, love your BBD finish. You're right about the lovely muted colors. On my pile to start, been a joy just putting floss together for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.