Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Handiwork to me....

I love making things with my hands. I have cross stitched for over 30 years and remember the first thing I ever made! My mom bought me three small kits at a department store for a quarter each and I was instantly hooked. I still have the flower in its original round plastic frame that I gave to my Grandma. I was able to retrieve it when she past away and treasure it now. Over the years my interest in stitching has waxed and waned but I always have something going ( as well as the numerous UFO's). I guess I love the thought of stitching all of the beautiful designs that I love even though I know I will never stitched them all.

I developed my passion for papercrafting when I took a rubber stamping course about 6 years ago. I don't scrapbook, but I love all of the goodies associated with it. The paper, ribbons, and embellishments are perfect for so many projects...cardmaking, frame mats and decorations, magnets and so much more! Even though I started through stamping, I very rarely actually stamp. The added benefit is I can join the two together . My favorite gifts are a small stitched token with coordinating notecards. With a little creativity and I can make the perfect gift depending upon the individual with spending a large amount of money!

Well...welcome to my small part of the world. Let's get creative.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.