Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Put a fork in it.......

La D Da "Bushel & Peck"
18 ct. Lambswool with DMC

it is done!!!! I love this design, but it has been getting on my last nerve since the weekend. I ran out of the border thread...twice, it was cumbersome to stitch the border because the fabric was so large and I couldn't use a frame, and I probably frogged one stitch for every two I put into the border! To make matters worse, my craft room has been 80 degrees since Saturday and I refuse to turn on the A/C. Of course, I can't blame anyone but myself, but it definitely altered my stitching mood! Okay...now I do feel better. After a quick trip to Joanns after work, I was ablet o pick up the thread and finish it. I do love it!


I am still stitching La D Da "Old Glory Angel" and should be able to finish it this weekend. I started both these about the same time and have been alternating between them. I usually stick to one project at a time, but deciding to start two things at the same time. I actually liked it since they were different and I could pick what I wanted to stitch each night . For some reason, I felt more productive since I could see progress on two designs....sure it is all mental since I wasn't really stitching any faster. Anyway, I think I like it...so I need to pick out my next project to start. May stitch an ornament or two before starting larger. Decisions, decisions...

On a side note, while I was in Joanns, they had their packaged DMC 28ct linen for $1.97 per package (reg. price was $7.99). I just had to splurge and bought 8 packs. Though I am on a "stash diet", I just couldn't resist such a great deal. I justified as my way of "stimulating" the economy...it was the American thing to do. Right?!?!

Thanks for looking. Happy stitches.....

13 comments:

  1. Oh that Bushel is too cute!! Congrats. And the Angel is lovely. You know, if you supposed to be on a stash "diet", you could think of those new DMCs as sort of like finding a great tasting calorie free chocolate (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bushel is adorable! Glory Angel is really pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those 2 works, very sweet!! I like the colours! I wish you a happy day and thanks for your comment on my blog!, I also wish you a happy cardmaking-time!!
    Greetings Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finish is lovely, lovely, lovely! Congrats :)
    And I love the glory angel too...so close!
    Thanks for the DMC linen tip, I'll have to go look maybe today or tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally a picture. I have been waiting patiently. You know Bushel and a Peck is one of my must haves. I have it in my to do stack. I really love it, now that I have seen it. WOW! I really like your Glory Angel too. I guess I will leave for work early and run by Joann's in West Cola. and check out the fabric. (If you didn't buy it all) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your finish, it looks wonderful!!

    Glory angel also looks so great! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your finish, it looks wonderful!!

    Glory angel also looks so great! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finish is just gorgeous! I love it! Sorry you had so much trouble with it but it is done and looks amazing! Great progress on the Old Glory Angel, that is coming along nicely!! When you find a deal like you find and you don't buy some, something is wrong! Yes, I think that stimulating the economy is a good reason to buy new stash . . . I wonder how well that would work for me to use that! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bushel is wonderful, Congrats on finishing it and Glory Angel is looking good

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work...congrats...

    Joann's...$ 1.97 each...why that would have been unamerican not to help economy..think of all the stitchers you help...Joann gets money their employees feel safer...yes yes you did good..:)


    Nana
    Fl
    http://nanascraper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the finish it's lovely :) I would have bought all the linen too at that price, great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like both pieces, and think the sentiment on both is fantastic!

    Congratulations on your find. I just hope that isn't a sign of them reducing their stitching section. It seems that Michael's has, as well as Walmart. Pretty soon the only place to get supplies will be on the net.

    Oh - another rationalization that I use frequently is that you are saving up for your retirement. Of course, I have more than enough to carry me through already....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen, I LOVE Bushel and a Peck! I've never seen that before! Congrats on the finish. Meredith

    http://merrystitching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a good comment....or a bad one for that matter! Thanks a bunch for visiting my little piece of the stitching universe! If you're new, I will be sure to visit you too.